The Virtues of Virtualization
What does virtualization mean for your business? Decreased Cost, Increased Efficiency, and Information Security.
Virtualization is a method to better utilize current infrastructure and increase system efficiency. The types of virtualization involve hardware, infrastructure, and information.
- Hardware – thin clients which act like full computer systems, but actually access the information from a server.
- Decrease your capital costs by having the same speed and power of twice as many servers.
- By splitting bandwidth and resource sharing of your current infrastructure, your business will have increased efficiency using only your current hardware.
- Imagine never having downtime due to hardware failure. With system virtualization this is possible.
Depending upon the size of your business, various types of virtualization would be beneficial.
- Businesses <10 people, storage redundancy is a way to gain benefit from virtualization.
- Businesses 10 – 50 people with 1 – 3 servers, will find benefit from storage redundancy and increasing the speed and power of your servers.
- Businesses >50 people would benefit from thin clients as the hardware is less costly, more efficient, and information is better protected in the server than on a single computer.
Virtualization is a new and exciting field in computer technology. You can do more with less and increase the security of your system through virtualization. I am sure there will be more exciting developments with virtualization that can help your business in the near future. Follow us on Facebook to keep up-to-date on business technology developments.